How do I charge my customer?
As easy as 1, 2, 3… quite literally!
- Bring up the charge screen - Tap the Nomod logo in the middle of the toolbar at the bottom of your device’s screen to bring up the charge screen.
- Enter the amount for the first item - From here you can tap out an amount for the first item being purchased by your customer, automatically tagged as “Item 1”. If you’ve set up a sales tax in your account settings, it will automatically be applied.
- Add/remove additional items - To add an additional item, tap the “+”, enter the amount for the additional item, and we’ll automatically add it to the total while also updating the list of items being purchased. You can remove an item by swiping left on the item and tapping the “Delete” icon.
- Add a discount - If you’re feeling generous, you may want to offer your customer a discount! You can do this by tapping the “Discount” icon and either choosing from one of the preset discounts or entering a custom one. Discounts are deducted from the subtotal excluding any sales tax. You can remove a discount by swiping left on the discount and tapping the “Delete” icon.
- Add a tip - Your customer can easily pay you or your staff a tip by tapping the “Tip” icon and either choosing from one of the preset tips or entering a custom one. Tips are applied to the subtotal including any discount and sales tax. You can remove a tip by swiping left on the tip and tapping the “Delete” icon.
- Add a note - You can add a note to the transaction by tapping the “Note” icon.
- Link to a customer - You may want to link a customer to the transaction before completing the charge. To do so, tap the “Add Customer” icon in the top right corner of the charge screen and either choose a customer from your contacts or add a new one. By linking a customer, a receipt will automatically be sent to the customer’s email address once the transaction is completed.
- Tap “Charge” - You will then be able to enter the customer’s payment details. If you’re an iOS user, you can begin entering the customer’s card details manually or you can tap the “Scan” icon in the top right corner to scan the card details with your device’s camera. If you’re an Android user, you have the additional option to allow your customer to tap their card to your device, which will use the NFC chip in your device (if it has one) to accept the payment details.
- Send a receipt - Once the charge is successful, the charge summary screen will appear. From here you can send a receipt to the customer’s email address. If you already linked the customer to the transaction, their email address will be displayed and you may send them a duplicate receipt or enter an alternative email address to send a copy of the receipt to. If you did not already link the customer, the field will be blank, ready for you to enter their email address.